Saturday, January 16, 2016

Kate Eardley Wonderment is ba-ack...

After a hiatus of many years, I've decided to resume this blog.  Why?  Because people who enjoy my writing occasionally encourage me to write a book... and because I haven't got a clue what I'd write a book about... but I like writing... and even if no one's listening, occasionally there are things on my mind I'd like to say...

So here we go.  This time around, the blog will be public rather than restricted.  I feel less need to safeguard my privacy than I did lo, those many years ago.  Progress, I guess.  Much has happened in my life since then, notably the fact that at the ripe old age of 61, I returned to school, Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University to be precise, and graduated this past spring with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Photography.  Back in 2010, I would never have seen that coming; now, it's in the past and I'm working through the transition from art student to practicing artist -- with some successes and more than a few challenges involved.  Among other things, I'm going to write about that process, in part because I need a forum to air my own related, internal meanderings but also because I suspect there are others "out there" who would benefit from knowing that they aren't walking that same twisty-turny road alone.  If a dialogue ensues, perhaps there will be others who can help me on my own journey. 


However, that's not all I'll write about... as you'll see in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment