Saturday, January 16, 2016

The kindnesses of strangers

Okay, perhaps this is what they call "pent up demand".  Three blog posts in one day is probably excessive, but the snow plow just passed in front of my driveway.  And thankfully, the driver backed down to the end of my dead-end road, which means that the windrow of snow ended up on the far side of the road, across from my driveway.  

Do you appreciate what that means?  

I am incredibly grateful that the government road crews in this area do the kindness of backing down to the end of this short road, plowing forward with the snow pile ending up on the "north" side of the road, when all the dwellings are on the "south" side.  Nobody's driveway is blocked.  Such a kindness!  I ran out to the road and flagged down the plow driver to say thank you.  Not that I'm the hero; the drivers are.  (I wish I knew how to insert a heart here -- that's the price of being 65 and an internet klutz.  Heart... heart... heart!)

1 comment:

  1. Have a look here:
    http://helplogger.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/how-to-add-emoticonssmileys-in-blogger.html

    Sue

    ReplyDelete